While most family law matters are related to legal issues from separation and divorce, child support, and child custody and access, there are other areas of family law Davies Law Firm can handle. Our Ottawa family law lawyer has experience in a variety of different areas of family law.
We can provide legal advice and assistance in these areas whether they are directly related to separation and divorce or unrelated. Some of the more common family law matters you can get help with include, but may not be limited to:
- Surrogacy Agreements: If you are starting a family and need to use a surrogate, it is important to ensure your rights and that of the surrogate are protected. Our law firm can help draft, negotiate and finalize agreements that are binding and in the best interests of everyone involved.
- Adoption: Adopting a child can be a wonderful experience for people that want a family. However, there can be legal matters that need to be addressed with help from a family law lawyer.
- Grandparents’ Legal Rights Issues: In some situations, grandparents may desire access (visitation) with their grandchildren, but have various issues regarding their own children, who are estranged and refusing access. We can help you learn more about your legal rights and options.
- International Child Custody and Access Issues: If your former spouse moved out of Canada, there can be issues regarding custody and access that need resolved.
- International Child Abduction Issues: If your ex-spouse took the children out of the country, is threatening to do so, or is refusing to return them after a scheduled visit, our family law lawyer can help.
- Child Protective Services Issues: If the Children’s Aid Society (CAS) has contacted you, it is beneficial to talk to a family law lawyer to find out your legal rights and responsibilities.
For further information about these and other family law matters, please feel free to contact our Ottawa law firm at (613) 688-0462 to schedule a consultation appointment today.