Other Family Law Matters Handled By Our Lawyers in Toronto

There are other family law matters Davies Law Firm and our Toronto family law lawyers can handle beyond separation and divorce, child custody and access, child support, spousal support, and marriage contracts and cohabitation agreements. Our law firm has experience in all family law matters since we exclusively practice family law.
Our lawyers and law firm provide the legal advice and assistance you require for certain matters regardless of whether they are directly related to separation and divorce proceedings or unrelated. Some of the more common “other” family law matters we can help you with includes, but may not be limited to:

  • Adoption: There can be family law legal matters you will need to address during the adoption process. We can help you so your adoption proceeds as expected and is a wonderful experience.
  • Surrogacy Agreements: For people who want children of their own, but have to turn to a surrogate, there are several legal matters you need to address. It is vital to protect your rights as well as that of the surrogate. Our Toronto family law lawyer can help with legally binding and enforceable agreements that are in the best interests of both parties.
  • Child Protective Services Issues: It is in your best interest to consult with a qualified family law lawyer in Toronto if the CAS (Children’s Aid Society) has contacted you or is investigating you. Your lawyer will explain your legal responsibilities and rights while helping to protect your interests.
  • Grandparents’ Legal Rights Issues: Sometimes children become estranged or refuse their parents access to their grandchildren. When grandparents desire visitation but have other family issues, talking to a family law lawyer can help provide information about your legal rights and available options for access to your grandchildren.
  • Provincial/International Child Abduction Issues: Our family law lawyer can help if your ex-spouse has fled the province or country with your children or is refusing to return them to Toronto after a scheduled visitation.
  • Provincial/International Child Custody and Access Issues: There can be all sorts of issues that need to be addressed when one parent moves to another province or country. Often a modification to existing child custody and access agreements is required, along with establishing stipulations for which parent is responsible to cover travel expenses of the minor children.

For legal advice and assistance with any type of family law matter in Toronto and the GTA, please feel free to contact Davies Law Firm for a consultation today.

  • Request a Consultation

    The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm is not secure and does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.